Photo by Anna Sullivan on Unsplash
I created a Mental Health Checklist for the Gray Matthews Project that can aid in our overall journey to become our best selves. Before I get to why you need this checklist, let me clarify what a checklist is and what a mental health checklist is.
Checklist: A checklist is simply a list of tasks or in this case, responsibilities to be checked off or monitored.
Mental Health Checklist: A mental health checklist is a list of items that can be monitored or referred to, to ensure that we are utilizing healthy practices to holistically care for ourselves.These are five great reasons why we can all benefit from the use of a mental health checklist. Click To Tweet
Okay, now that we’ve gotten the basics out of the way, here are 5 reasons why you need a Mental Health Checklist.
- Having a checklist clearly identifies the tasks or responsibilities that need to be done. This creates an easy and simple system of staying on top of our tasks.
- A mental health checklist should encompass all areas of our lives, that means, emotional health, behavioral health, spiritual health, physical health, and relational health because mental health affects our whole lives.
- A mental health checklist can help us organize our lives. If the checklist is as holistic as it should be, it will include all areas of our lives. As we do the necessary work of going through the checklist and making changes accordingly, to bring ourselves closer to our best selves, we will find that our lives will shed a lot of unnecessary things, such as relationships, habits, emotions, and behaviors.
- A mental health checklist can assist us with getting to know ourselves. We may not realize it, but many people walking around have no idea who they are. Many of us are so uncomfortable in our skins, we do not want to take the time to get to know ourselves because we may not like what we see. A checklist can be utilized subjectively, so the reader can go through the checklist at the reader’s pace. But the reader has to commit to completing the checklist for it to beneficial.
- This brings me to my last point of healing. As we work through the checklist and make the changes, we begin to get to know ourselves better. We begin to identify areas of past hurts and vulnerabilities, we begin to find areas for improvement. As we learn about these areas, we can begin the necessary work of healing ourselves and our wounds so that we can become the whole persons that we were meant to be. Being healthier individuals allow us to feel more confident in ourselves and our environments, we begin to feel comfortable in our skins, and we can begin to develop healthier relationships that will us maintain the positivity that we have learnt.
These are five great reasons why we can all benefit from the use of a mental health checklist. Of course, there are more reasons and benefits that manifest themselves as we do the work on ourselves. We must be willing to do the work and we must be willing to be honest with ourselves about what we learn to really benefit from this tool.
The Mental Health Checklist by the Gray Matthews Project is simple yet comprehensive and user-friendly. It is not a test nor a tool for diagnosis. It is a tool to help us learn about ourselves and our decisions; it helps us learn how we can stop making unconscious choices and develop awareness to help us make better choices for ourselves and our lives. Subscribe now and get the Gray Matthews Project’s Mental Health Checklist and begin your journey of self-discovery.The Mental Health Checklist by the Gray Matthews Project is simple yet comprehensive and user-friendly. Click To Tweet
If while working through the checklist, emotional trauma and difficulties surface, go on over to our resources page and reach out to a therapist in your area. Remember, our goal should be to become the best versions of ourselves; this requires authenticity and bravery to be in sync.
“Authenticity and bravery in sync.”